WHAT IS PACE
St. Lucie County's Property-Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program is available to all eligible residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and non-profit property owners.
PACE is an alternative financing program that is available to help St. Lucie County property owners make improvements to buildings and facilities, including: (1) energy efficiency; (2) renewable energy alternatives; and, (3) wind hazard mitigation projects.
PACE financing is secured by equity in the subject property and the voluntary assessments are paid back over time on the property tax bill.
PACE financing is a voluntary land secured assessment that remains with the property and not the owner.
PACE financing is not a personal or business loan and no credit check is required for the program.
Property owners must have equity in the subject property and be current on property taxes over the previous three (3) years.
TYPES OF IMPROVEMENTS
(1) Energy Efficiency
• LED Lighting
(2) Renewable Energy
• Solar PV
• Solar Water Heaters
• Solar AC
(3) Wind Hazard Mitigation
• Impact Windows
• Hurricane Shutters
BENEFITS OF PACE
• 100% upfront financing;
• Competitive interest rates;
• Long-term repayment options (up to 20 years);
• No credit check required;
• Improve energy efficiencies and reduce operating costs (e.g., energy and insurance);
• Increase equity in the property and resale values;
• All work performed by qualified and licensed contractors;
• Protect buildings and facilities from storms and hurricanes and save on insurance rates;
• Reduce environmental impacts and carbon footprint; and,
• Promote economic development, community revitalization, and local jobs.
Learn more at our website
Who Can Use PACE?
St. Lucie County’s PACE program is available to all eligible residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, and non-profit property owners.